After trying a delicious lavender protein bar at The Green Cat, I knew I must find a way to recreate it! Below is the closest I could come to matching the recipe. It’s super simple. Just mix wet and dry ingredients, drizzle with chocolate topping, and give it 30 minutes in the fridge. This base recipe can easily be customized with different fruits, extracts, protein flavors, and nuts/seeds. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
- protein bar:
- 1 cup gluten free oats
- 1½ cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup freeze dried raspberries
- ½ cup protein powder
- ½ cup hemp seeds
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ⅔ cup hot water
- ½ tbsp lavender extract
- pinch of sea salt
- chocolate topping:
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- Line square pan with parchment paper.
- Throw all dry ingredients into food processor, or mixing bowl if you don't mind a more chunky batter.
- Slowly pour in wet ingredients. I started with the maple syrup and used the hot water to get all the remnants of maple syrup out of the measuring cup.
- Mix until a dough forms and there are no dry oats left.
- Press into the baking dish.
- Heat coconut oil and blend with the raw cacao powder. Pour onto the flattened dough.
- Let the bars cool in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, or until the chocolate topping has hardened.
- Once hardened, cut into square and enjoy!
- Store these in the fridge or freezer to prevent the chocolate topping from melting.
*use goji berries instead of freeze dried raspberries
*use different flavors of protein to spice up the recipe
*use different extract flavors for endless combinations
*sub flaxseed for hemp seeds
In case you have trouble finding the more obscure ingredients, links below!