Tis the season for holiday treats! Every year, I make the family Christmas cookie recipe. This year is no different, however I tested it out with gluten free flour. Success!!The finished product tastes best with cream cheese frosting. Just beat an 8oz package of cream cheese and 1/2 cup butter with 4 cups powdered sugar and a splash of anise extract.
Frost in the brightest colors possible and share with family and friends! This recipe makes a whopping 60 cookies, depending on what size cookie cutters you use. I like to do some small shapes so I can justify more than 1 cookie in a sitting.
- 1 cup butter
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups all purpose gluten free flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1½ tsp anise extract
- Cream butter with sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition.
- Add sifted dry ingredients, alternate with sour cream, mixing after each addition.
- Blend in anise.
- Chill 3-4 hours, or overnight.
- Roll out on a floured board, and cut with cookie cutters.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet for 12 minutes, or until browned.